Susan A. Blattel, M.D.
Dr. Susan Akers Blattel graduated from Saint Louis University School of Medicine in 1992. She is also a summa cum laude graduate from Saint Louis University with a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry. Following medical school, she completed an internal medicine internship at St. John’s Mercy Medical Center. Then Dr. Blattel participated in a two year clinical research fellowship at Washington University School of Medicine. These clinical trials investigated new therapies for cutaneous T cell lymphoma, scleroderma, onychomycosis, and warts. She has publications in several medical journals and a chapter in a pediatric textbook.
Dr. Blattel completed her residency in dermatology at Barnes-Jewish Hospital at the Washington University School of Medicine. She became board certified in dermatology in 1998 and obtained recertification in 2006. Since finishing residency, Dr. Blattel’s practice has focused mainly on medical dermatology, especially the detection and treatment of skin cancers. She treats various skin conditions including eczema, acne, warts, molluscum, contact dermatitis, and psoriasis. She removes moles and skin tags and treats both children and adults. She performs certain cosmetic procedures and emphasizes healthy skin care.
Dr. Blattel is on staff at St. Luke’s Hospital in Chesterfield and St. Clare’s Hospital in Fenton. She is married and has three children.
Professional Societies and Associations:
- 1995-present Missouri Dermatologic Society
- 1995-present St. Louis Dermatological Society
- 1993-present American Academy of Dermatology
- 1993-1995 Society of Investigative Dermatology
- 1991-present Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical Honor Society
- 1988-present American Medical Association
- 1988-present Missouri State Medical Association
- 1987-present Alpha Sigma Nu, honor society of Jesuit Universities